We spend most of our day looking at various screens. TV, tablets, computer monitors, and mobile devices – all those are integral parts of our everyday work, leisure, and entertainment. And while the importance of technical progress and digitalization is undeniable, it has some serious downfalls.
Eye strain is one of the most common conditions today. Caused by the impact of blue light from screens and excessive focusing while reading, eyestrain may lead to serious health complications. Headaches, irritations, and even various infections – all those are results of stressed eyes. Your eyes are the window to your soul and guide to the outer world. Taking care of them is crucial for your overall wellbeing.
Even now, reading this article, you put your eyes in peril on a certain level. So let`s not lose your time and health in vain! In this article, we shall describe some most efficient ways to relax your eyes from stress and protect your eyesight and overall wellbeing.
Do a simple eye massage
Massage is the most efficient way to soothe and relax muscle strain and release stress. However, you need to remember that your eyes are very delicate and vulnerable to trauma and infections. That is why you need to be very careful and observe some essential safety measures.
- Make sure that your hands are clean and dry;
- Close your eyes and massage your eyes with gentle circular motions;
- Move your fingers up to the muscles above your eyebrows;
- Gently massage the area under your eyes and templates.
This simple massage stimulates blood circulation and relaxes muscles around your eyes. It also stimulates your tear glands, preventing dryness and inflammations.
Use a warm compress
Eye stamina is a common reason for headaches and irritations. Sometimes they prevent you from having a well-deserved rest after a long working day. A warm compress at the end of the day is a perfect way to release the stress and settle in for rest and relaxation.
- Find a comfortable place where you can lie down for several minutes without distractions;
- Dip clean cotton pads into warm water and place them on your eye leads;
- Lie down for several minutes, concentrating on your breath and heartbeat for a holistic stress-relief effect.
You may use green tea instead of water. It has a powerful anti-aging and anti-inflammatory effect and is efficient even in the case of infections like pinkeye. However, make sure you are not sensitive or allergic before experimenting with liquids for your compress.
Aloe Vera - the ancient remedy
Aloe Vera is famous for its healing and soothing properties throughout human history. It is widely used in medicine and cosmetology to heal skin damage and soothe inflammations after chemical or UV burns. You can use Aloe Vera as a natural remedy against eye strain. You may use a cosmetic product that contains Aloe Vera extract or prepare it yourself
- Cut an Aloe Vera leaf and peel it;
- Gently scoop the natural Aloe Vera gel and put it into a container or glass jar;
- Keep your Aloe Vera Gel in a fridge for the maximum lifespan and soothing effect;
- Apply Aloe Vera Gel on your eye leads and leave it on for around 10 minutes.
You may use your Aloe Vera Gel as a lotion for eye massage or add it to the warm water for the relaxing compress.
As you see, all the described methods to relax your eyes from stress are complementary and interchangeable. In other words, you may combine them and adjust until you find the eye-relaxing routine that will be perfect for you.